About the Program
The program consists of a number of different components, such as ongoing research and analysis; hosting local, national, and international conferences; organizing cultural events and individual lectures; and holding Young Leaders Programs that bring together students and young professionals with an active interest in Central Asia and The Caucasus Region.
The program pursues the following specific aims:
- To bring together likeminded individuals from Central Asia, the Caucasus, and across the world in the fields of international politics, diplomacy, business and economics, academia, and civil society
- To contribute to the global debate on the challenges and opportunities facing Central Asia and the Caucasus region through research and events open to the general public.
- To bring together young leaders from Central Asia, the Caucasus, Europe, and the wider international community with an active interest in Central Asia, the Caucasus and Neighboring countries.
The program is focused on four specific issues:
- The history, development, and cultural diversity of Central Asia and the Caucasus Region.
- The key political and security challenges that currently face Central Asia and the Caucasus region and new strategies to address these challenges
- The role of NATO and other members of the international community in working with local partners to promote democracy and development in Afghanistan and central Asia
- The importance of Afghanistan and Pakistan to regional stability and in the context of global politics.