Joining the AFMUSA Forum
The principal focus of Afghanistan Meets the USA: A Forum for Young Leaders (AFMUSA) is to develop a network of young individuals committed to building and sustaining lasting ties between the USA and Afghanistan in the fields of politics, academia, science, media, business and culture, thereby strengthening Afghan-US relations. The network is supported through a diverse range of ongoing activities and is highlighted each year by weeklong seminars for where new members are able to join.
As an independently developed and organized program, AFMUSA offers a unique opportunity to come together and foster wider, deeper US-Afghan relations on a business, cultural and political level. This in turn will develop a wider understanding of intercultural issues, promote personal growth, and contribute to the creation of innovative policy-oriented solutions to issues affecting Afghanistan and the USA.
- To establish a long-term, interdisciplinary network of young leaders that contributes on both a professional and personal level to dialogue and exchange between Afghanistan and the USA.
- To educate, enhance, and sustain the Afghan - US relationship through the empowerment of the participants.
- To strengthen professional, economic, cultural, political, and scientific cooperation through close personal and professional relationships.
- To provide the participants with fresh insights and new perspectives to deepen their understanding of the economic, political, cultural, religious, and social frameworks of the two countries.
- To support valuable contributions to civil society in both Afghanistan and the USA through "Leadership Initiatives" that the young leaders will organize as part of the program.