Joining the EMCA Forum
The principal focus of Europe Meets Central/Southeast Asia: A Forum for Young Leaders (EMCA) is to develop a network of young individuals committed to building and sustaining lasting ties between Europe and Central/Southeast Asia in the fields of politics, academia, science, media, business and culture, thereby strengthening Central/Southeast Asia - EU relations. The network is supported through a diverse range of ongoing activities and is highlighted each year by weeklong seminars for where new members are able to join.
As an independently developed and organized program, EMCA offers a unique opportunity to come together and foster wider, deeper EU-Central/Southeast Asia relations on a business, cultural and political level. This in turn will develop a wider understanding of intercultural issues, promote personal growth, and contribute to the creation of innovative policy-oriented solutions to issues affecting Central/Southeast Asia and the EU.
- To establish a long-term, interdisciplinary network of young leaders that contributes on both a professional and personal level to dialogue and exchange between Central/Southeast Asia and the EU.
- To educate, enhance, and sustain the Central/Southeast Asia - EU relationship through the empowerment of the participants.
- To strengthen professional, economic, cultural, political, and scientific cooperation through close personal and professional relationships.
- To provide the participants with fresh insights and new perspectives to deepen their understanding of the economic, political, cultural, religious, and social frameworks of the two countries.
- To support valuable contributions to civil society in both Central/Southeast Asia and the EU through "Leadership Initiatives" that the young leaders will organize as part of the program.